Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hectic week


It's Thursday, a day before the level 1 Chef class weekend, and we've all been preparing, since Tuesday, for this class. Each intern was assigned something to prepare, for each day of the week. So far everything has been running pretty smoothly. The unfortunate aspect is that I'm finding myself in the kitchen, with a fellow intern, way past my shift. These past two nights I've gotten out once at around 12am and yesterday, 3am. It's not required of us to keep working during after hours, but I figured it's better to be ahead of the game, than behind. As I've learned from working in the kitchen in the past, working beyond your shift is nothing unusual. For the aspiring chefs, if you don't eat,drink, breathe, sleep,and ultimately LOVE the kitchen, then it's definitely not for you. There are many dues that have to be paid before you can really call yourself a CHEF, and for me, I have no interest in earning that title. I'd rather be thought of as a cook, which most people are. A cook is someone who enjoys, and loves the kitchen. However, they don't just love any kitchen, it has to be there own, and the food they prepare is usually for themselves, family, and friends. A "Cook" is what i'd rather be classified as, which explains my lack of desire to be in the kitchen so long. But it will soon be over, in about 4 more days to be exact, and I'll be dispersed around other aspects of the center. On a lighter note, I'm getting a chance to make pizza, and pesto, and I've also been enjoying some of the best raw foods I've ever tasted. So it definitely has it's perks!
I've been learning more about myself, my weaknesses and my strengths since I've been here. One things for sure, no matter where you go, you will always meet the same kind of people. "The same kind of people" in reference to the people you once lived with, or near. Also, the same problems you were dealing with in one place, you will eventually encounter in another. That is if you don't deal with the problem directly, which is in most cases, yourself. I learned that in order for me to receive different results, I must do something different. So no matter where I am, If I am the same, I will be reacted towards the same way. If I act different, in a way I believe to be most suitable for the occasion, I will be reacted towards differently, in a way I believe most suitable for me.

Make Sense?

Hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment