Saturday, December 25, 2010

My arrival....


I've been flying since 6am this morning! What a way to spend Christmas. On a lighter note, I've finally made it to the Creative Health Institute and have officially met the program director, Bobby. He picked me up from the airport, and immediately, I appreciated his energy. He appeared to be a very upbeat kind of guy, with lots of enthusiasm for life. We talked all the way to the institute about nutrition, the institute, the founder, etc.., I learned the sad news that one of the founders by the name of Don has recently passed, which is unfortunate. On a lighter note, he lived until the fantastic age of 80, so, although I've never met him, i'd like to think he's lived a full life, not to mention the better place he's now in. RIP Don, and thank you for the great efforts you put forth in the creation of CHI, the haven for health. Your legacy shall live on through the Creative Health Institute and it's successful future.

I arrived at the Institute a few hours ago and Bobby was kind enough to give me a tour of the place. He gave me the feel of it being my "home," rather than it just being a place I would soon be working at, which made me feel comforted, especially being thousands of miles away from home in Los Angeles. He showed me the kitchen and welcomed me to prepare something if I became hungry, he showed me the sun room and offered me the opportunity to watch movies there whenever I want, showed me the exercise room as well, which I found myself using after the tour was over, then finally to my room. I'm enjoying everything thus far!

Well, off I go. I need to start reading these books that were suggested to me by Bobby. One of them is "The China Study,"  by T. Colin Campbell, and Thomas M. Campbell, which is the book I plan to read first, then there's "Superfoods" by David Wolfe, a well renowned Nutritionist, and then finally "Quantum Eating: The ultimate elixir of youth" by Tonya Zavasta. So as you can see, I'm definitely in for a treat. I'll be sure to update you on my reviews of each book, as well as a summary of it's contents. Until then, have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment