Saturday, December 25, 2010

Internship, here I come....



Hello Everyone,

Let me officially introduce myself. Well, My name is Beliu Kefelew, and I'm a Los Angeles native of Ethiopian decent, hence the name. I've always been one to tune in to, or participate in the latest fad diets, as most close relatives or friends of mine could attest, and by default, learned a lot about nutrition. Although I haven't practiced a raw food diet, I think anyone with common sense can admit that fruits, vegetables, seeds, and anything else that comes directly from the earth has to have the most beneficial properties for our health, and heat, having the power to destroy most things, most likely changes the nutritional value of earth's produce. This is just my philosophy on nutrition, and in order to receive clarity, and to hopefully give others clarity as well, I've decided to see it's working, first hand, and document my experiences going raw. I will be participating in an internship program at The Creative Health Institute where I'll serve in many departments including the kitchen, the grow room, mingling with and providing support for the guests, etc... Upon completion of the program I will earn a Raw Foods Chef certificate as well as a certificate in Holistic Health. CHI is not only an educational facility for interns as well as students, but also a retreat, or for some, both an educational opportunity and a retreat.  I'm an intern as the title suggests and was accepted into the program earlier this month by the executive director, Angel Bond. I'm officially flying out to Michigan from Los Angeles, California, tomorrow morning at 6am, Pacific Standard Time. Yes, yes, I'm flying on Christmas. It's a shame, I know. It's just that not too many people are flying on Christmas, and that allowed for me to pay less for a round trip ticket. Also, at the somewhat ripe age of 23, Christmas doesn't feel the same, so I don't think I'l be missing much. I remember the good ol' days when my siblings and I couldn't wait for the clock to reach 12am exactly, so we could open our presents. These days, with all the "adulthood" responsibilities, we're lucky if we remember to get a Christmas tree. Anyways, I digress...But yes, I will arrive at the kalamazoo airport at about 5:15pm and will be picked up by the institutes Education Director. I'm somewhat excited and nervous at the same time. Well, I'm going to double check and make sure I have everything packed. With that said, I'm going to end this post here and update it tomorrow when I arrive in Michigan.

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment